We Can’t Stay Silent
We can’t stay silent, but words can only say so much. And just as important as speaking out is turning those words into action.
There are many, many resources out there to educate yourself, make your voice heard, and support organizations working for change. These are a few to get you started.
- Equal Justice Initiative—Learn more about our nation’s history of racial and economic injustice and support the protection of basic human rights.
- The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund seeks to protect and increase diversity on a structural level.
- Understand key statistics and find resources to end police brutality with Campaign Zero.
- Find your local chapter of Black Lives Matter. For us, that’s the Chicago chapter.
- Support black-owned businesses in your community. Chicagoans can use Black Owned Chicago’s database for help.
- Read and watch the informative articles, books, podcasts, documentaries, TV shows, and movies focused on antiracism.
- Donate or sign a petition with Color of Change, the nation’s largest online racial justice organization.